Ashley E. Johnston
Ashley Johnston is board certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Ashley advises clients on the formation and reorganization of business entities, mergers and acquisitions, purchase and sale of corporate stock and assets, physician/hospital contracts and joint ventures.
She has extensive experience drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts including, physician services agreements, physician employment agreements, asset purchase agreements, management agreements, business associate agreements and entity operating agreements.
Ashley works with clients on a wide array of transactional, operational and regulatory matters, including licensing, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement, the Affordable Care Act, the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Physician Self-Referral Statute (Stark Law), the Texas Illegal Remuneration Statute, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), the False Claims Act, the Emergency Medical Treatment and Active Labor Act (EMTALA) and the Federal and Texas Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- Health care
- Corporate Law
- Board certified in health law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star: 2010-12, 2014-17, Up-and-Coming 50 (2017)
- D Magazine’s “Best Lawyers in Dallas 2016″
- J.D., Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Duke University, 2002
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Adjunct Professor of Healthcare Law at the University of North Texas School of Law
- Associate of the Patrick E. Higginbotham American Inn of Court (2008-09)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Leadership Class (2008)
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association – Health Law Section
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association
- Member of the College of the State Bar of Texas (2009-present)