Buddy Lee’s practice is focused in the area of commercial transactions on behalf of small, closely-held companies as well as large, broadly-held international companies in many different industries.
His practice addresses such diverse areas as tax and business planning, structuring ventures, investment funds, partnerships and business alliances, business formations, business governance issues and formalities, commercial single and consortium lending arrangements, inter-creditor agreements, private equity funding, private placement memorandums, employment, contracts, office and equipment leases, sale lease-backs, divestments, acquisitions, mergers, liquidations, consolidations, tax-free reorganizations, conversions, tax equity partnerships, limited liability companies and joint ventures and the demands of the owners themselves in such areas as succession planning, shareholder agreements, buy-sell agreements, deferred compensation, estate planning and asset preservation.
This diverse practice includes significant experience in the acquisition, financing and sale of real estate, including Section 1031 exchanges and the use of tenancy-in-common structures, involving oil and gas properties, multi-family residences, storage facilities, shopping centers and commercial buildings.
- Banking & Finance
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate
- AV Preeminent® rated (gold standard in attorney ratings by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings)
- LL.M., Southern Methodist University, 1973
- J.D., University of Missouri, 1972
- B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder, 1969
- United States District Court, Northern District of Texas
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- United States Supreme Court