Linda B. Moore has over 12 years’ experience as in-house counsel for three health care organizations based in Texas. Most recently she served as System General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for Trinity Mother Frances Health System, a Catholic not-for-profit integrated healthcare system based in Tyler, Texas, that included three general acute care hospitals (two critical access hospitals), a heart hospital and a 501(a) medical group of over 300 full-time providers in thirty-three clinic locations. Prior to this position she served as General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer for an investment group based in Trophy Club, that developed and operated short stay hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers in Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana and California in partnership with physician investors. She began her in-house career as Associate General Counsel with Baylor Health Care System, a not-for-profit faith based healthcare provider with a full range of inpatient, outpatient, rehabilitation and emergency services through its then fourteen owned, leased or affiliated hospitals.
In her various roles, Ms. Moore was responsible for oversight of legal, compliance and regulatory matters related to hospital and clinic operations, governance, ownership, medical staff development, employment, claims management, privacy and adherence to faith based directives for healthcare providers. She has extensive experience in the following areas:
- Health care regulatory compliance (Stark, Fraud and Abuse, HIPAA, CMS Conditions of Participation, licensure, accreditation)
- Medical staff processes (credentialing, peer review, reporting)
- Corporate structure and governance
- Contract negotiation, drafting and review (physician service agreements, employment agreements, coverage agreements, settlement agreements)
- Private placement offerings, mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate compliance programs
Prior to her legal career, Ms. Moore served in various business roles in the health care arena, including leadership positions in physician recruitment/retention/relations and corporate reimbursement, and brings a unique understanding of the business challenges of health care to her practice of law.
Texas A&M University School of Law (f/k/a Texas Wesleyan University School of Law), Juris Doctorate, Cum Laude
Southern Methodist University, BBA12, Cum Laude
- Texas Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association