Rachael Nelson Gearing is an associate at Weaver Johnston & Nelson, PLLC. She has experience advising health care providers on various matters including operational, transactional and compliance issues. Rachael’s experience includes assisting medical practices, hospitals, surgery centers, freestanding ERs, and other providers with compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, the False Claims Act, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”) and the Texas Illegal Remuneration Act. Rachael also assists her clients with drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts including physician services agreements, physician employment agreements, asset purchase agreements, management agreements, business associate agreements and entity operating agreements.
Pepperdine University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2013
– Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship and the Law, Editor
California State University, Long Beach, 2009
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, co-chair of the Animal Welfare Committee
- Fauna Foundation Animal Rescue
- Ride Your Horse! Therapeutic Riding Program for Children with Disabilities
- Texas Lawyers for Children Education Advocacy Program, attorney ad litem